If you work in a remote area, there are a lot of different factors that you have to contend with. One big one is ensuring you have enough supplies and resources to complete the job at all times. When it comes to fueling needs, you should also think about having this resource as well as fully protecting it. Read on for a few great ways you can keep your remote fuel tanks full and safe at all times!
Make Sure Your Fuel Tanks are Protected
Working on remote job sites can really make security challenging, especially if nobody is staying there overnight. Without enough secure storage, fuel could be stolen overnight. With older storage tanks, stealing fuel is easy, especially if the access is locked and logs are done using paper. You could take a few steps to ensure your fuel tanks are protected.
- Consider where your tank is located. If the tank is further back on your job site, you might have to consider focusing on the surrounding space rather than the front-gate access.
- No matter where you place the fuel tank, it should always be surrounded by a locked fence, at the very least.
- The kind of pump you pick can help with security. With a manual pump, you’ll have to make sure that it is locked after each use. Electric pumps can be locked up remotely and tank as well, so this is a nice choice for remote work sites.
- Use tank monitoring software from your fuel supplier. This will help you see if there has been any theft from criminals and potential employees, which unfortunately could happen. Also, if there are any leaks inside of your tank, you should be able to see this with a monitoring unit.
- Consider using security equipment such as alarms and cameras. This will help deter theft before it occurs.
Take Care of Fueling Needs
When you do not have to think as much about fuel security, you can focus on other logistics, such as getting fuel to your remote work site. You could manually track the fuel usage to keep up with demanding deliveries. Tank monitoring is another option for tracking fueling, but this is usually automated.
Partner with Howard Energy, Inc. for Alternative Fuel Supply and Services
We’ve moved! Howard Energy is now located at 34 Thomas Ave, Brooklyn, MD 21225.
At Howard Energy, we fully understand how your business depends on a reliable and steady supply of gasoline and diesel fuel to keep your operations at its peak. As a family-owned, commercial full-service gas and diesel fuel supplier, Howard Energy has been serving companies across Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern VA for over 25 years.
Our team of experts has a thorough knowledge of the petroleum industry to devise commercial and retail fueling solutions. As a result, we use our keen insight to build strong partnerships with commercial trucking, construction, manufacturing companies, and more. Howard Energy is proud to bring our products and services to gas stations, car dealerships, marinas, and beyond – 7 days a week with no surcharge on holidays or weekends.
If you need cost-effective and convenient wholesale fuel and related fuel tank storage or monitoring services, contact us to get started. Call us at 410-647-1500, and visit our website. Stay connected with Howard Energy on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.